Author Topic: Alternitive Email Addresses  (Read 1660 times)

Offline 26AT048

• Somerset and Dorset Director
  • Administrator
  • : england
  • England WebSite Admin
    • My Own Little Site
  • Call Sign: QRZ: 26AT048
  • Name: Jason
Alternitive Email Addresses
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »
Alternate Email Address

How to create an online email account. For some safe guarding their personal email address is very important. One way you can do this is by setting up an online email for your radio use. There are many providers out there, to name just a few they are Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, AOL. The chances are that you could create an account with your call sign incorporated as this is a pretty unique thing.

The upside of this is it protects your personal email address, itís not easily traceable, it can be dedicated for any correspondence and sign ups that are radio related, as its online, you have not got to worry about spam arriving on your PC from it. You can set t up so you PC based email software such as outlook can be used in conjunction with it.

The downside is you have to remember to log on and check it, some sites automatically spam anything from these types of online services, you have limited control over the spam filters, so emails to you often end up in their junk box and are missed, not the most secure and have been known to be hacked.

I am not going to do a how to do it post here, as I feel these sites are pretty easy to use and self explanatory. If you decide to do this, you can easily change your email address on the forum to suit.
Cheers J

*Any help you need regarding the forum, please do not hesitate to ask*